Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Beautiful Nuisance

As I was contemplating starting my blog and opening my etsy shop, many thoughts swam in my head. What would I write about, what would I sell in my shop and what in the world would I call my blog and shop? Oh I had a list of names---which one should I choose? I finally decided on Dandelion Wishes. Why that name you ask? Why a dandelion--they are such a nuisance poking their little yellow heads right out into the beautiful green grass. Then there are those little white seed parachutes floating over my lawn just looking for a place to land and grow more little yellow heads in my beautiful grass. If I would have stopped at that thought I never would have choosen the dandelion to represent my blog. Who want's to be known as a nuisance?? Not me :)

As I stopped and looked at the little yellow flower, I discovered that it is really quite beautiful. With it's many petals and it's happy yellow color I found it to be really very cheery. And then the thought struck me. There are many things that come into our lives that at first we consider a nuisance. But if we really stop to think about them, often they can become a thing of beauty--teaching lessons and helping us to grow and mature in our lives. I couldn't think of a better name for my blog and shop. It helps to remind me to stop and see the beauty in all situations, to ask myself what lesson am I to be learning, and how does this situation help me to grow into a better person. I wish that for all of you my friends as well.
And who could not love a bouquet of these sweet little beauties. Hand picked with tiny hands just for you and given to you with all the love in the world.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

So precious! (Both the tiny hand AND the story!)
*Heidi*

Bev said...

Yep, the sweet little beauties that leave that white sticky stuff all over your hands!! LOL!!

I love your posts - taking time out to notice the other than crafting stuff. It makes your blog unique! I'm hooked!

Glad to see ya today too!
Bev

SweetBellaBug said...

How right you are ~ and what an appropriate name for you, your blog and your shop! You always see the beauty and good in everything and everyone! I am so lucky to have you as one of my close friends!
xoxo

Scrap for Joy said...

What an important message for us all to think about. You, my dear friend, are never a nuisance. You are bright and sunny like the dandelion.

starrynightimpressions said...

Mimi,
You can even make a really super duper health tea from dandelions, it's really bitter but really good for you I've heard lol
I'm too afraid to try it!
But isn't that a part of life, beauty and bitter all mixed in.
and isn't it the most precious thing when our lovely children or grandchildren pick us a handful of those yellow bursts of color?
that's what life is all about, joy!
deborah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...