Friday, December 12, 2008

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

I love the fact that I live in an area of the country that fully experiences all four seasons. Autumn, with all of it's magnificent colors and Spring, with it's bursting blooms of newness have always been my favorite. Winter however comes in at the bottom of my list. I am not fond of the frosty weather and as for the snow and ice I could definitely do without them. When I was learning to drive, my dad always taught me that you should not drive at night or in the rain and never, never in the snow. As I got older, I mastered the skill of driving in the rain and at night however I could never get the hang of snow driving. Oh yes I am one of the crazy people who listen to the weather daily and if there is even a hint of snow I dash off to the grocery store to buy bread, milk and toilet paper as if I may never get there again. So I was not surprised this morning that we would have snow on the ground. Our local weatherman warned of it's coming and I was prepared. I was surprised however at it's beauty. The snow was wet and heavy and covered everything like a blanket of white. I quick grabbed my camera to capture the winter wonderland just outside my window........
I hope you are somewhere sunny and warm, but if you live in a wintry state like me, take time to enjoy the snow----it can be quite beautiful. Have a wonderful Winter weekend where ever you live.

3 comments:

Mimi Sue said...

So beautiful. I love it. I lived in California up until 2002 where there was no real change in the seasons. I love the seasons here in Utah. It makes life more interesting. Mimi

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. I especially love the holly berries in the snow. This happens to be my most favorite time of the year, other than autumn. I love the cold because of the nesting feeling that comes with it. I am a homebody by nature and love to be in my house. I am one of those people that loves when it gets dark early, loves dark and dreary and rainy days and being snowed in is definitely at the top of my list. I've been blessed to find a husband that feels the same way and we would love to go north upon retirement. Currently, we are in New York but dream of living in Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont someday. We need the different seasons, too!! Thanks for your wonderful blog ~ Wendy

Scrap for Joy said...

The trees have certainly been their lovliest the past few days. The drive along Rochester Road is always like a winter wonderland. I love looking at the snow but not the bone chilling cold! Tomorrow it will be 53-degrees. Go figure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...