Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hope

Reliance upon the future, faith, expectation, confidence, anticipation, optimism

As I woke this morning and peeked through one eye out of the bedroom window I could see the sun shinning so brightly. The sky was so blue not a cloud to be seen. Oh now don't get me wrong it is still freezing outside but just to see the sun was wonderful!! I hopped out of bed and went to the window and there fluttering in the leaves was a family of Robins!!! Oh Yes Spring is on the way. For some reason this Winter season seems to be taking forever to finally fade into Spring. But just seeing those happy Robins gave me hope.
And then look what I found just outside my kitchen door in the herb garden......
Sweet little snowdrops--the first flower of Spring. They sometimes even bloom as they are being covered with snow. It surely can't be long now. Before we know it our gardens will be bursting with blooms. Just in case you are having trouble waiting for the arrival of the Spring flowers, let me share with you these two beauties that I purchased yesterday.

Alex and I decided to go to breakfast yesterday morning and took a little drive to a wonderful diner called Pamela's. It was delicious and the best part was, it is located right next to my favorite store, Roxannes. I just could not leave without taking these beautiful roses home with me.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. Take heart, have faith, and anticipate the arrival of Spring.

10 comments:

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Mimi, I see that you and I are acting and thinking alot alike again on this first sunday in March! :-) Both of us thinking of the birds coming back where they belong for the warm months and adding their colors and song to our lives once again. The drawing of the robins was just precious! No Robins over here, but the little red breasted wrens are pretty close in color, so I love to see them come back each spring. And you will not believe this, but we have snowdrops growing in the yard and woods, and I tryed to get a pic of them from my window, zooming in as far as the camera would go, but I just could not get close enough. So I will send one of the kids out tomorrow to capture those pretty flowers, since I would like to put it in a post too! I have seen them poke up out of the ground with snow all around them, so I guess they are aptly named. I do love to see them, it is a sure sign that spring is not far off. Sounds like PA is really cold right now, so I guess March came in like a lion and will go out like a lamb! Gives you something to look forward to. :-) Take care dear friend, a lovely post from you today, I enjoyed it very much!! Happy Sunday! Debby

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any robins yet, but know they will be here soon. They always seem to arrive to soon in the season and get caught in a snow storm or two. Can't wait for them. I love the sound of the birds chirping in the morning. I haven't seen any sign of anything coming up yet either. Your purchases are lovely and so cheerful! Your picture of the robins is so sweet!

Joanne Smisko said...

Dearest Mimi
you have given me hope that when we get back from the beach maybe it won't be so bad if the robins are back. Love your purchases. See you soon in about a week or so.

Mom

Mimi Sue said...

I am so looking forward to spring this year. We've had a long snowy winter. Love the mama bird feeding her babies. So cute. Mimi

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

That vintage postcard at the top is so precious!!! And I LOVE the items you purchased from Roxanne's. Right up my alley.
THEN...I saw the quilt your mom made you!!! You lucky, lucky girl. It is breathtaking! Would you mind asking your mom if she machine quilted it on her home machine or did she pay someone with a long arm machine to quilt it? I have that quilt pattern and would like to attempt it if I don't have to pay someone to quilt it after I put it together.
Thanks so much-----Mary Lou

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a cutie to get right back to me. Thanks so much!!! One day when I accomplish this quilt I will of course post about it. The keyword being "one day"! : )
Thanks again.

Scrap for Joy said...

Where did my comment go? I stopped by and left a comment about how Roxann is not suffering any recession in her store because of your visits. It must have gone to cyber-land. Another fun Wednesday today!

Lynn said...

I think everyone is patiently waiting for Spring and with the time change tonight it will feel even closer. This morning I opened the door to find 2 doves on my deck, to me that is a good sign, they come back every Spring and make a nest here :)
Love the rose gifts you found btw.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What wonderful finds. I can't wait for Spring. I wish some little flowers would poke their heads up in my yard.

Cute picture of the mother bird and babies. Have a wonderful weekend!

Jen

Toni said...

First time here. Very beautiful blog.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...