Sunday, March 7, 2010

You Are My Sunshine

It truly is amazing how a little bit of sunshine can lift your spirits.  We have had sunshine for the past three days here in Pittsburgh--that is somewhat of a small miracle.  I have cracked the windows just a bit and opened the front door welcoming the sunshine to come in and stay awhile.  The sunshine not only lifts my spirts but it also gets me in the mood to dust away the Winter and do a little Spring cleaning.  I love it when the windows shine and everything smells so fresh and clean.  I even borrowed my mom's floor steamer and cleaned all of our hardwood floors.  I teased her when she bought it--telling her she had the cleaning sickness.  I must now admit that little thing is amazing.  My floors have never been so clean.   (hmmm I hope she forgets which one of her daughters borrowed it (heheheh)   With a clean house and all of the Winter decorations carefully put away for another season, I thought it was a good idea to bring a little Spring to our house.  Here are a few of my favorites......
The sunshine has even inspired the creative side of me in this little mini brag book that I created for my etsy shop.....
So thankful for the SUNSHINE today :)

11 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I feel the same way, and I feel like I've gotten another dose of sunshine by your post!! What lovely touches of spring for your home, I can see why they'd be your favorites!! It's also a reminder that I need to put my snowmen away!:-) Have a good week!!!

Janelle said...

Mimi, your house looks lovely! I think I missed the spring cleaning gene, but seeing your photos does make me want to do a little sprucing up around here! And that brag book is precious! (Also, I just read about "Dandelion Wishes" on your sidebar -- great insights and sweet name for your blog/shop!)

Celestial Charms said...

Love the various pastel colored eggs, and those rabbits are just adorable. Now, I'm in the mood for Spring!
Maureen

Joanne Smisko said...

Mimi
You made me want to go home and start spring cleaning. You home looks lovely. I'm very jealous. By the way, remember the steamer lives at my house...it is just on vacation at yours.
Mom at the beach

Melinda said...

Looking good! I need to find that
motivation you have for cleaning.
I love a clean house but getting it there is such a chore!
Spring Break is coming so maybe then I can get something done.
Have great evening!

Melinda

GardenOfDaisies said...

It's looking very Easter-y over at your house! I like the way you used the flower frog to hold your tags.
I have always wanted to try one of those steam cleaners. One of these days I may just go get myself one. I like the sound of the that cleans the grout on your tile and the drains in your sink as well as your floors... Can't remember which brand that was.

Shirley said...

We have been having sunshine the last few days. Just to be outside and enjoy the fresh air makes you feel good. I love your pictures and thank you for sharing them with us. Have a great week and I hope you have more sunshine.

Mimi Sue said...

Your home is looking so springy. Love a newly cleaned house, sunshine and fresh air. Nothing better. Mimi

Unknown said...

I have just found your blog, I love the pictures of your home, its very beautiful, spring always mkes me smile x

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Mimi,

What a lovely post! The decor is gorgeous, yet simple and comfy. Thanks for sharing such lovliness.

Hugs,
Meri

Haddock said...

Oh yes, nothing like seeing the sunlight filtering into your room in the morning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...