Thursday, May 13, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?.....

With silver bells,
And cockleshells,
And pretty maids all in a row.

It seems that the time of year has arrived that I take a bit of a break from creating in my studio.  With a couple of visits to the local greenhouse I aim my creativity at the outdoors.  I have a small patio right outside of my kitchen door and in the Summer this patio becomes an extra room of our home.  We eat our meals , watch a little TV, read a good book, play board games surrounded by the beauty of nature.  I wanted to share with you tonight some of my favorite areas of my garden.  As you will see I love to add vintage pieces among the flowers for added interest.  I hope you enjoy my little tour....... 
Did you notice the little Beagle nose poking through the fence? Sassy is always at the gate ready to welcome any visitor or passerby.  Mabel on the otherhand is happy to relax in the backyard under the big shade tree.
I have a few more flowers to plant and then it is back to the studio for me.  There are several projects that need completed so check back soon.  I will be posting pictures as soon as they are finished.   

14 comments:

Lovely Day said...

Mimi your garden is so beautiful! I love your creative use of pots and display! I'm working on building a potted plant garden of my own. We only have a patio, but with inspiration like this I know I can do some really cute things with it this spring! Thanks for sharing!

jamjar said...

I love the little world you created in your garden. Such creative planters. You really have an eye!!! Makes me want to see it "for real"!

Joanne Smisko said...

Dear Mimi
Everything look so lovely and beautiful. I can see you touch in everything. Now that yours is done could you please come and help your mother's place look as lovely as yours. I'll give you lunch.
Mom

Mimi Sue said...

Love your little patio. We are looking forward to time spent outdoors this summer too. That mandevilla is gorgeous. Do you have to bring them inside during the winter? Mimi

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! What an incredible garden!!!! I love how homey and cozy it feels...and how nothing is matchy matchy...hate that! ANd that first illustration...where did you find that? I would love to see the whole book!!!!!

Scrap for Joy said...

I don't know of another gardner/decorator who works as hard as you do to make your garden area and home so inviting and welcoming to friends! There is something cute and clever to see anywhere you look. Now all we need is some consistantly nice weather so we can sit outside and drink iced tea and do show and tell!
xoxo
Joyce

Melinda said...

Your garden is coming along great.
I love the whimsy to it. If it ever stops raining here and things dry up we could do more here. Now we are a bit behind. Oh, well.

Have a super weekend !

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

At the end of a long week, and day as well, I have really enjoyed looking at the photos of your garden! I could sit there for hours!! Flowers really do a lot to lift spirits don't they? Enjoy your weekend!!!

PS: THANKS for your well wishes for Maguire!! Your friendship and kind and thoughtful words have really meant a lot!

Unknown said...

How adorable what you did with the bicycle basket. What a cute idea. All of your planters are great and such and inspiration. Gives me ideas!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

You have such a beautiful garden and full of creative ideas! Connie

Debby said...

Hi mimi, your gardens are amazing, so beautiful. I really like your blog banners and of course your puppies are so sweet. I have a golden and she is a very bright spot in our lives.
Debby

Renee said...

You have so many wonderful pots and containers. Great garden area.

Halle said...

I love what you've done with containers!!

Unknown said...

Love all your garden projects and creative use of unusual items.Great inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...