Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sunday Sewing

Over the weekend Alex was out of town on a business trip and my son, the other Alex :) was busy doing what 21 year old boys do sooooooo I had the whole weekend to myself.  What's a girl to do with all that time on her hands????   You guessed it ----SEW.  I stayed indoors, snug and warm , all weekend just my sewing machine and I.  Oh and the dogs of course :)  They didn't mind  at all that  I watched chick flick after chick flick as long as I stopped long enough to fill their bowls  with breakfast and dinner :)  I thought I would share with you today all that I got accomplished.  I even made something totally new.  I will save that for last. 
First another darling pattern from ElfPop.  This pattern is called Saffron.  I just love her little bob haircut. 
I added the little white flower and cherry overalls.
Next I worked on a few Crinkle Taggie Blankets


And lastly I tried my hand at making this sweet "Lovey Dovey" using a new pattern that I purchased from Abby Glassenberg. 
The pattern includes directions to complete four lovies--a kitty, a bear, a puppy and the bunny.  I just loved this idea--a sweet little animal face attached to a soft blankie body.  I thought they would make a perfect first toy for babies to hug and hold.  This was the first time I attempted to sew a pattern that included a head gusset.  It was a little tricky for me but I think I got the hang of it.  I am sure after a few more of these cuties I will have it mastered. 

Now I just need it to stop snowing so that I can get to the fabric store to purchase the right colors to try the other lovies.  Now that Alex is home I see a trip to JoAnn Fabric in his future ;)   Happy Wednesday everyone!!!

6 comments:

Mimi Sue said...

This has been a great winter for staying home and staying warm! Your cute little creations are so adorable. Love that pink bunny blankie. Great idea! Now I just need a new baby in the family ;) Mimi

Scrap for Joy said...

You certainly seem so happy making your new dolls, dogs, bunnies and blankies. I love the little one with the bobbed hair, she reminds me of Michelle when she was small, except she had a big cowlick in her bangs.
xoxo
Joyce

Melinda said...

All very cute.

M :)

Leilani Salon and spaaaa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to give it a look Best Cardsharing Server. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Wonderful blog and outstanding design.

Unknown said...

Love the little overalls. Do you have a pattern for them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...