Friday, January 22, 2010

1 2 3 part 1

Did you ever come across a scrapbook supply that provided you with instant inspiration.  I love it  when that happens.  On a recent shopping trip, I discovered these plain chipboard albums from the company Cloud 9.  The coolest thing about these little books is that they also came with a box that the finished album could be stored in.  In my hast to get creative, I forgot to take pictures of the before project but I have lots of after pictures to share.   The shape of these little books were so unique I instantly thought of turning them into a counting book.   And with the perfect number of pages provided,  my mind was twirling with ideas.  Some time ago I purchesed two clear stamp sets from Sandylion designs.  I admit I have a thing for big chunky animal stamps and these sets were too adorable to pass up. There is a little girl set as well as one themed for little boys.  After stamping the images on patterened paper, I cut them out  in the appropriate number and created this fun little book. 


This project was so much fun to complete. It takes me back to when I used to read counting books to Alex.   I am showing the little girl version today.  Check back tomorrow and I will post pictures of the little boy version.  Have a Happy Friday!!!!

7 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a cute, cute book, and what a nice gift that would make too!!! I'm continue to be envious of your creativity!! :-)))

Just being ME! said...

What a great book! So very cute!! I must ask what you use to do the little stitches of thread on the paper...I have been looking for a little sewing machine that does paper projects but have yet to find one. Your projects are so wonderful to see..thanks for sharing!

Lisa

Scrap for Joy said...

I am so in love with the mice....but then I like the bunnies and the duck/chicks, too! As always, you've done a delightful job that any grandmother would love to read to her grandchild. Hmmm-did I say grandmother?

Melinda said...

Very cute--the book would make a great shower gift.

Melinda

Shirley said...

I love your little book and I will be back tomorrow to see your other book. I see so many neat things when I read other people's blogs and visit their etsy shops if they have one. have a great weekend.

Mimi Sue said...

How adorable. I found a couple of chip board books in Michaels at the dollar section. I needed some inspiration. Thanks! Mimi

Just being ME! said...

Hi Mimi! Love all your projects. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of camera do you use? You always have wonderful photos. I am in the search of a small digital camera and was hoping you'd share your info with me. Thank you!

mcclurgs@comcast.net

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...