Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Cozy Sunday Afternoon

I woke this morning to a blustery wind blowing outside of my window.  The kind of  morning that makes you want to crawl right back under the covers and fall back to sleep.  But with a Golden Retriever puppy woofing in that urgent voice, I pulled myself up and stumbled to the door to let her outside.  She took one sniff of the freezing air and promptly changed her mind.  With much encouragment she decided to go ahead and venture out staying only as long as necessary.  Once awake I thought about the day ahead.  A perfect day for homemade beef soup.  But just like the nursery rhyme "Old Mother Hubberd" my cupboards were bare.  So after a quick trip to the local grocery store, I had a big pot of beef soup simmering on the stove.  Oh what to do with the rest of this blustery afternoon?? I could take down the Christmas decorations or create something fun in my scrapbook studio.  With Valentines Day on the way,  and my little shop at Sweetpeas needing to be replenished, it was not a hard decision to make----create!! After gathering my supplies, I set to work.  The result.............





I had such fun with these little notebooks at Christmas I thought I might make a few for Valentines Day.  The images are vintage valentines that I scanned except for the the little bluebird.  I borrowed her from the wonderful flickr site belonging to Elizabeth of Creative Breathing. 

Then I created these Valentine peek a boo notes.  I love the colors of Valentines Day---so sweet and romantic.   I hope you all are snuggled safe and warm today enjoying the peacefulness of a cozy Sunday afternoon. 
*********EDIT**********
I have had a request to share the vintage Valentine images that I used for the little altered notebooks. I have added the images.  Just click on the image to enlarge.  Happy creating.  I would love to see how you use them :)


10 comments:

Karen Beth said...

You always post the cutest things. Thank you for sharing. Here in Idaho we got about a foot of snow over the last few days, so it is beautiful but cold. I felt like you this morning, so I stuck some things in the crock pot and enjoyed the beauties of the winter. I have some valentines that were my dad's and I think I might copy if that is ok with you and I will post the results on my blog. Thanks, Karen

Melinda said...

Cute stuff!!!!


Melinda

Mimi Sue said...

Love all you do. Very very cute. We're trying to stay warm. It's sure been a cold winter so far. Mimi

The Pink Birdhouse said...

You always make the most adorable precious things, I really love those Valentine peek a boo notes. they are really sweet! Your sunday sounded just lovely, the kind of day that gets our souls back on track and makes us realize how fantastic it can be to just stay home with family. I haven't made beef soup in just ages! this cold snowy weather is perfect for it though. I see that you have spruced up your blog - it is looking really cute and the pics of the pups in the header are just precious!! your little golden retriever is sweet, and reminds me much of our Cody who takes one look at the snow each morning and inspite of an over-ful bladder, thinks twice before he will venture out. Later on when we go for a walk though, he can not seem to get enough of the white stuff. Go figure! :-) stay warm dear friend, hugs from here, Debby

Scrap for Joy said...

Nothing like some homemade hot soup on a frigid cold day!
Your little notebooks came out so cute...I hope Elizabeth hops over and sees that bluebird. Cute, cute, cute!
The peek-a-boos are adorable-glad we got that heart punch! Yay Martha!
Stay warm today Mimi!!
xoxo

Joanne Smisko said...

Your note books and little notes are adorable. Can't wait to see your Valetine's Day cards. You could send me one.

Love Mom

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Everything is absolutely GORGEOUS, Mimi!!!!!! Don't you just love those blustery soup-making days when you can putter around the house and be creative?!!? That's one of the reasons that winter is my second favorite time of the year(behind autumn, of course!!). You don't have to feel guilty about staying inside. Thanks for all of the wonderful pictures. So, so pretty!!!! :)

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Shirley said...

Your note pads are adorable. I fixed ours in the crockpot. It was cold enough that we didn't venture out, plus we were getting more snow. This snow was really light and fluffy. You could push it off the car with a broom. I really like your blog.

starrynightimpressions said...

Loveeee the peek a boo notes, so feminine and cute.
blessings,
starrydeborah

Megan {ShabbyBlogs} said...

Oh my goodness! These are DARLING!!! LOVE what you did with them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...