Saturday, March 27, 2010

Vintage Easter Blog Hop

Welcome to the Vintage Easter Blog Hop!!! This hop is being hosted by Joan at Anything Goes Here in celebration of all  vintage treasures relating to Easter.  After you take a peek at my Easter Vintage,  hop on over to her blog to view the complete list of all those who are participating.  I took a minute to look at some of the posts and believe me there are some amazing treasures out there.  I hope you enjoy my little contribution......  
First a few vintage greeting cards and sweet Easter images.
This Hummel figurine entitled "Playmates"  is not ment for Easter but I adore those little bunnies.
 
I am not sure how my Mother will feel being a part of a VINTAGE Easter collection(hehehe)  but these pictures of her and my Aunt in their Easter best are priceless and I just had to share.  Mom is on the right in this photo....
and on the left in this one.

This photo is of my Mother-in-law (the little girl sitting on the steps) her Mother and her two sisters all decked out in there Easter bonnets.
The last Vintage Easter item I would like to share with you is this wonderful basket. I came across it when cleaning out the attic of my Grandmothers home after she passed away.  I loved the look of it with it's strips of braided straw. It became even more of a treasure once my mom told me what it had been used for.   This was the basket used by my Grandmother to carry a sample of their Easter meal to church to be blessed by the priest.  Once the blessing was given the meal was carried home and enjoyed by all.  Eventhough we no longer carry on that tradition, I love that this basket was something used by my Grandmother.

 
Thanks for hopping by to take a look at my Vintage Easter and for spending part of your day with me.  I wish you all a Blessed Easter.

25 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGoodness! I just adore the pictures of your mom and her sister. Also the one of your mother in-law. These are just the best! Where would we be today if they did not invent the camera?
I'm now a follower of your wonderful blog!

Melinda said...

Hello--
Those cards are really cute and what about those pictures?--Love them!

Happy Sunday!

Jane said...

I love the story behind the basket and the pictures of your mother were wonderful!! Easter Sunday church always meant a new dress when I was growing up.
Happy Sunday.
Jane

Mona Moore said...

I especially loved the family photos and grandma's basket.

Mona

Donna said...

What great photos of your family! And the cards just make me happy to view them. Thanks for sharing! Donna..the 3rd sister.

Suzie Button said...

I love your images, and I have some of those myself and used them in my crafts this Easter season! I love the pictures of your Mom, they are so beautiful too! It's nice to meet you! Suzie

Anonymous said...

The vintage Graphics are so sweet and I loved the old photos of your family!! I remember we used to get new dresses for Easter when we were little- I don't think many people do that sort of thing anymore-too bad

bee blessed
mary

Scrap for Joy said...

You have many Easter things I have never seen. I loved the pictures of your sweet Mom and her sister and Edith, too. Your grandmother's basket is certainly a treasure. Loved all of your images, too.
xoxo
Joyce

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Great family photos! And the story about your Grandmothers basket was nice. Thank You for your visit. Have a great day...Julian

Michelle Palmer said...

Such a wonderful post! Love your photographs~

Judi said...

Gosh you are so lucky to have the old photos of your Mom on Easter! You have some great cards too, but the old family photos are priceless :) Happy Easter ~ Judi

★Carol★ said...

You have such a great Easter card collection Mimi, and I especially love the one with the rooster and chicks! And that basket is just dreamy. I love the shape of it, and it must mean so much to you now that you know the history behind it. What a great family heirloom!
Happy Easter!
Carol

anythinggoeshere said...

I could just cry at the sweetness of all the things you shared with us.

The cutest and happiest Easter creatures. The lovely pictures of your mom and mother-in-law and the touching story of the blessed basket.

Thank you so much for being a part of the Vintage Easter party. xo Joan@anythinggoeshere. AKA your hostess

The Charm of Home said...

What wonderful old cards. I love your vintage family photos. I just love the way little ladies used to dress up at Easter. So neat.

Marilyn said...

Hummels always seem so sweet to me and those bunnies certainly do fit the theme. I've not seen that particular piece before. The story about the blessings basket is also quite interesting. Thanks for sharing everything. ♥♫

Debbie said...

I love looking at old photos. The Easter bonnets of the past were so fancy, and the curls in your mom's hair adorable. The cards are very cute, I really like the rooster card.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Wonderful pictures!!! I really love Easter and the spring prints on dresses that it brings with it!! What has happened to the tradition of the Easter Bonnet? Not that I would wear one... ;-))

Gwendolen Elaine said...

What a beautiful tradition.I'm glad you were able to keep your grandmother's basket.I also adore your vintage illustrations.I think I'm stuck in Storybook Land...they just draw me right in!Happy Easter!

Shirley said...

Your pictures are adorable. I loved your basket. There is a lot of tradition that is no longer celebrated the way it was done in the past. You don't see the Easter Bonnets in church like we use to do. That was one of the things you had to have was that hat to wear to church. With your permission you have a couple of vintage pictures that I would like to use in my blog. Enjoy your day.

Sherrie said...

Everything is lovely, but I especially love the photos, the real Easter memories.

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

A lovely collection of Easter memories!! I so enjoyed the photos of your family in their Easter finery...and the basket is beautiful!!
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x

Unknown said...

I love all of your Easter treasures. The cards are darling. I specailly love the vintage photographs, this are keepers.
thanks for sharing
happy spring
michele

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Mimi,

Thank you so much for your generosity, and the sharing of such lovely easter images. I love the story of the basket best, very sweet.

Hugs,
Meri

Sherrie said...

I am just stopping by again to say thank you for joining me in my blogging journey. It is always nice to have the company. It has been so wonderful to meet all these nice folks. Thank you.

anythinggoeshere said...

I wanted you to know that I visited your post in my Favorites recap of the Vintage Easter Blog Hop. xo Joan@anythinggoeshere

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...