Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Teddy Bear-- Teddy Bear

Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn around,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the ground,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, reach up high,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the sky,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, bend down low,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch your toes,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, go to bed,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, rest your head,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn out the lights,
Teddy bear, teddy bear, say "good night".

I used to say this poem with my son Alex--who is now almost 24 :)  I have always loved teddy bears-- Whether it be their well loved fur-- with a bare patch or two-- or the sweet expression on their faces, there is just something about them that is so endearing to me.

I recently purchased a wonderful book from Amy Sinibaldi of NANA COMPANY  called Sweetly Stitched Handmades.  It is filled with lovely projects to stitch. I can't wait to try them all.  I started with the project near and dear to my heart--you guessed it---a teddy bear.



This little rattle was so much fun to make--I made two (for now)   Amy also recently shared her pattern to make the sweetest bear softie on her blog.  The pattern  is free and can be found by clicking here.  I think the two together along with a teddy bear onesie  would make the perfect gift to welcome a new baby.  



I made one for Claire, the little girl I babysit, and you can see she loves it.
Stay tuned for more Teddy Bear love--there is a pillow in Amy's book that I am just dying to try :)

1 comment:

EVR said...

I don't seem to be able to download the free bear pattern. When I click on the hyperlink it takes me to another website.
Please help.
Thanks,Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...